ALPHA is a collaboration of Arco Renz with award winning pole dancers Daniel Kok (Singapore) and Eisa Jocson (Philippines). Together with the kinetic force of the computer-controlled LED lighting fromTakayuki Fujimoto (Japan) and the fluvial soundscape by Marc Appart (Belgium), director Arco Renz (Kobalt Works) turns the principles of ‘verticality’ and ‘circularity’ in pole dancing into a highly-embodied expression set in a ‘synaesthetic’ environment.
The visceral and sensorial minefield of pole dancing provokes questions on the politics of gender and desire and the complicity of seduction and manipulation.
- Choreography Arco Renz
- Choreography and performance Daniel Kok
- Choreography and performance Eisa Jocson
- Lighting Design Fujimoto Takayuki aka Kinsei
- Sound Design Marc Appart
- Producer Kobalt Works & Tang Fu Kuen
- Production Management Yap Seok Hui
- Technical Management Razali Semuni & Joy
- Kobalt Works Company Management Ine Vander Elst
- with the support of the Flemish government